Experienced Attorneys Defending Licensed Hygienists
As a hygienist, you play an important role in maintaining the oral hygiene of your patients. Often, hygienists spend more time interacting with patients than dentists themselves. You have invested in your career by going through a long licensing process. To become a licensed hygienist, you completed an accredited education program and a rigorous evaluation process. But a single complaint can destroy your livelihood, and all the hard work invested to build it.
The experienced medical license defense attorneys at Bertolino LLP have been helping hygienists and other dental professionals throughout Texas for many years. A dental hygienist license defense attorney from our firm can help protect your career.
Trust an experienced Austin dental hygienist license defense lawyer to represent you before the Board
Dental hygienists in Texas are regulated by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. The Board also investigates allegations and offenses that could derail your career, including:
- Breaches of patient confidentiality
- Failure to meet established dental standards of care
- Failure to follow established safety protocols to guard against infection
- Performing duties that are inappropriate for your level of licensing (for instance, procedures that should be performed by a dentist rather than a hygienist)
- Being convicted of certain criminal offenses
If you are facing a Board investigation, you need to take it very seriously from the start. There are strict deadlines, and how you respond to an allegation can make or break your career. Consulting with an experienced attorney as soon as possible is your best bet to protect your license - and your livelihood.