Jesus “Jesse” Joslin, Associate Attorney
A native of south Texas, Jesse attended the University of Texas and earned a B.A. in Government with a minor in English literature in 2012, making the University Honors list multiple times. While he always had his sights set on becoming an attorney, upon graduation, Jesse took a couple of years to gain experience working in government. During his last semester at the University of Texas, he began working at the Texas Medical Board (TMB) as a Pre-licensure Analyst and, later, as TMB’s Expert Panelist Coordinator.
His experience aiding medical professionals seeking licensure and facilitating TMB’s investigations of complaints against medical professionals not only provided valuable insight into how administrative agencies conduct such investigations, but also further spurred his interest into becoming an attorney and practicing administrative law.
Jesse attended St. Mary’s University School of Law on a substantial scholarship and earned his law degree in 2017, graduating cum laude. While in law school, he served as a staff writer and Editor-in-Chief for St. Mary’s specialty law review, The Scholar, worked as a Research Assistant, and studied global legal issues in Innsbruck, Austria with such distinguished professors as the Honorable Judge Patrick Higginbotham, Senior U.S. Circuit Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. While a law student, Jesse also honed his skills clerking at various organizations and prominent law firms, focusing on education law, commercial litigation, and real estate law.
Jesse defends clients against state boards and other administrative bodies threatening our clients’ professional livelihood by attempting to take disciplinary action against them, which includes engaging in discovery, motion practice, and assisting the firm’s attorneys in preparing for State Office of Administrative (SOAH) hearings and other administrative hearings.
- Texas, 2017
Areas of Practice
- Professional License Defense
- General Litigation
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, St. Mary’s School of Law Dean’s Scholarship
- Recipient, St. Mary’s School of Law Best Brief for Section
- Recipient, Texas Appleseed Diversity Legal Scholarship
- Navigating the Post-Shelby Landscape: Using Universalism to Augment the Remaining Power of the Voting Rights Act, 19 Scholar 217 (2017)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association (AYLA)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA)
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society—San Antonio Tarlton Inn Chapter