Allegations of misconduct against a licensed professional are serious. Even if you believe the complaint is meritless, your license, career, and reputation are at risk. It is imperative that you mount a strong defense against the allegations pending against you. The best way to ensure the most favorable outcome in your case is to hire an experienced license defense attorney.
In case after case, the attorneys at BERTOLINO LLP have successfully helped clients resolve a wide range of complicated legal matters involving professional license defense, medical license defense, and vocational license defense. We know how to build a strong case to protect your license – and your livelihood.
"Everyone at this firm was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I cannot say enough good things about Tony. I went to him for help with getting a professional license reinstated and he was successful. I truly do not think I could have done this on my own and I'm forever grateful." - Rene F.
With years of combined experience and knowledge, our attorneys thoroughly understand state and federal laws and how they apply to each case. We use this information to custom design the best possible defense for each client.
Recent Notable Results BERTOLINO LLP Got for Our Clients
Our tailor-made approach means we will not treat you like a number. Your case matters here.
- Texas Board of Nursing v. W.S.
- Complaint dismissed outright after written argument.
- Our Client, W.S., a L.V.N., faced a complaint, filed by his former employer, with the Texas Board of Nursing, which alleged that W.S. (i) exceeded his scope of practice, (ii) obtained medications improperly, (iii) violated the professional boundaries of the nurse/client relationship, (iv) and inappropriately manipulated the patient schedule, delaying further appointments for imminent medical issues.
- By discovering the bad-blood politics beneath the surface, and preparing a robust written argument, we convinced the Board that the allegations were false, and secured an outright dismissal of the Complaint, with no disciplinary action taken against our Client's license.
- Texas Real Estate Commission v. J.R.
- Board decision Reversed on District Court Appeal.
- Our Client, J.R., a licensed real estate sales agent and former Federal Firearms Instructor, plead guilty to conversion of ammunition belonging to the federal government in 2014. J.R.'s conversion case contained substantial mitigating factors, but J.R. plead out pursuant to legal advice from his criminal defense attorney.
- The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) sought to revoke J.R.'s sales agent license. After successfully pleading J.R.'s case to an impartial Administrative Law Judge in the State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH), and saving J.R.'s license from revocation, TREC grossly violated the bounds of their judicial discretion and improperly manipulated the Administrative Law Judge's decision in order to revoke J.R.'s license.
- We appealed the case to a Travis County District Court and convinced the Judge that TREC's abuse of discretion and unauthorized conduct was not only improper, but so improper as to pass the threshold for a reversal of TREC's decision, pursuant to stringent standards of review.
- Texas Education Agency v. M.A.
- Outright dismissal secured after allegations for inappropriate conduct.
- In 2014, while our Client, M.A., worked as a physics teacher at a public high school, a group of female students from the 11th grade would study in M.A.'s office during downtime. The door to M.A.'s office was always left wide upon, and the students would come and go as they pleased. M.A. had a purely platonic, professional relationship with the students, and she would often assist them with their assignments while they were in her office.
- After the students graduated and reached majority age, M.A. and one of the students ("Student") began texting one another. Eventually, the texting took on a romantic nature. After sending a flirtatious message, which she regretted, M.A. immediately deleted the Student's contact information and did not reach out again.
- Shortly thereafter, M.A. received a series of calls in the dead of night - around 2:00 a.m. When she picked up the phone, M.A. was threatened by a female voice that if she did not resign due to her relationship with the Student, the caller would destroy her family and her career.
- A. dutifully contacted leadership in her school district, described what happened and confessed her relationship with the Student. Shortly thereafter, M.A. was terminated and reported to the Texas Education Agency.
- After a successful briefing and oral argument at an informal hearing, we secured an outright dismissal and cleared our Client's name at the earliest available juncture of the case.
The above are only a few of the hallmark achievements from the license defense attorneys of BERTOLINO LLP. To read what some of our satisfied clients have to say about us, please visit our testimonials page.
The professional license defense lawyers at BERTOLINO LLP have consistently won significant cases for doctors, nurses, lawyers, architects, pharmacists and other professionals dealing with issues that could jeopardize their ability to work. We know how to build a persuasive case to protect your license - and your livelihood.
The Texas Law Firm, BERTOLINO LLP Will Fight to Protect Your License and Livelihood
We provide aggressive advocacy for our clients who are facing disciplinary action from a licensing board, agency, or commission in Texas. We handle matters related to licenses, grievance complaints, ethics complaints, and other important professional licensing issues. Our Firm has an impeccable reputation throughout the Lone Star State. Founder and Managing Partner, Tony R. Bertolino holds a 10 Superb top attorney Avvo Rating.
"I was recently asked an interesting question by a prospective client: What distinguishes your law firm from other law firms? And I got to thinking about it and it seems to me there are three things, three distinguishing qualities that I've recognized since I've begun my own practice. First is the compassion. Secondly is the attentiveness. And thirdly is the aggressiveness." - Tony R. Bertolino, Founding Attorney
We offer the following free resources:
- The Do's and Don'ts of Appearing Before the Texas Medical Board (TMB)
- The Do's and Don'ts of Appearing Before the Texas Board of Nursing (BON)
- The Do's and Don'ts of Appearing Before the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) Expert Articles
- Newsletter Library
If your professional license is at risk of suspension or revocation, BERTOLINO LLP can help. We represent licensed professionals across the entire State of Texas. Our honest, experienced attorneys will fight aggressively on behalf of your license and reputation. Contact us today or call (800) 210-0126 and schedule a case evaluation.
Get a copy of Tony R. Bertolino's #1 Bestselling book When Your License is Under Attack: A Survival Guide for Texas Professionals in hardcover or for Kindle here.