A license defense attorney provides advocacy for professionals who are facing disciplinary action in front of a licensing board or state regulatory agency. License defense attorneys handle matters related to licenses, grievance complaints, ethics concerns, and other important professional licensing issues.
What Does A License Defense Attorney Do?
A professional, medical, or vocational license defense attorney works to defend a licensee and protect the license when that license is being threatened with revocation, suspension, probation, or other disciplinary action due to allegations of misconduct or other malfeasance.
An experienced license defense attorney can:
- Build a strong defense to help you keep your license when it is under attack by a state board or regulatory agency.
- Help you navigate the licensing board’s complaint process.
- Protect your rights.
- Understand the possible and likely outcomes of your case.
- Represent you at any legal hearing or proceeding regarding your professional license, including Informal Settlement Conferences (ISC), show compliance proceedings, and State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH) proceedings.
- Advocate for dismissal of the case against you.
- Negotiate more lenient disciplinary action in the event the board determines discipline is warranted.
- Appeal a board ruling that is unjust or failed to follow proper protocols under the applicable administrative laws.
Contacting a license defense attorney as soon as you are notified of any issue with the licensing board is the best course of action. You may think your licensing issue is minor, but complaints can quickly turn into full-scale investigations, license revocations and suspensions once imposed are difficult to successfully appeal, and what you deem a minor issue may be a complex legal problem.
The longer you wait to take legal action, the harder it may be to get the result you need. Contacting a license defense attorney early-on could mean the difference between losing your license and livelihood or getting the case against you dismissed and protecting your license. Do not delay in seeking the advice of a license defense attorney.
What Do the Experienced License Defense Attorney at BERTOLINO LLP Do?
Our law firm helps professionals, like you, keep their licenses when those licenses are under attack by a state agency or board.
Our experienced license defense attorneys have successfully helped clients resolve a wide range of complicated legal matters involving professional license defense. We know how to navigate the complaint process, gather evidence, question witnesses, and prepare powerful defenses against allegations of misconduct.
BERTOLINO LLP represents licensed professionals across the entire State of Texas. To best serve our clients we have offices in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. Our honest, experienced attorneys will fight aggressively on behalf of your professional license and reputation. Contact us today or call (512) 476-5757 and schedule a case evaluation.
Follow BERTOLINO LLP on Facebook!
View free videos & subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Get a copy of Tony R. Bertolino’s Bestselling book When Your License is Under Attack: A Survival Guide for Texas Professionals in hardcover or for Kindle here.