Professional license defense is the legal defense of a licensee in disciplinary and licensure matters. A professional license defense attorney defends and advocates for the rights of a professional licensee when their license is being threatened with revocation, suspension, or other disciplinary action due to an allegation of misconduct.
Which professionals may need a license defense attorney?
Any individual who holds a professional, medical, or vocational license from a state licensing board, regulatory agency, or commission in Texas may at some point need a professional license defense attorney.
Our firm represents all health care providers licensed in Texas, including doctors, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists, pharmacist and pharmacies, optometrists, podiatrists, veterinarians, psychologists, chiropractors, physical therapists, occupational therapists, EMTs, radiologists, midwives, professional counselors, acupuncturists, and all other licensed medical care providers, as well as a wide variety of other professional licensees such as CPA’s, attorneys, engineers, architects, real estate agents, appraisers, social workers, teachers, all license holders regulated by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), and trade or vocational licensees, including plumbers, firefighters, and law enforcement personnel.
When is a professional license defense attorney needed?
The services of a professional license defense attorney are needed when a licensee has legal trouble with their licensing board or regulatory agency, is facing a complaint or an investigation, had their license denied, or has any other issue related to their professional license.
- Have you received a notice that a complaint has been filed against you?
- Are you under investigation by your professional licensing board?
- Or, are you afraid you will soon be under investigation?
- Is your license at risk of being revoked, suspended, or put on probation due to a complaint lodged against you?
- Have you received notice of a temporary suspension hearing? Was your license temporarily suspended without notice?
- Has a licensing board denied your application for licensure?
- Has a licensing board denied your renewal application for licensure, or will only issue the renewal if you agree with specified terms set by the board?
- Have you recently been arrested or convicted of a crime and you’re wondering if you should notify your licensing board? Are you worried about how the arrest or conviction will affect your professional license?
If any of the above questions pertain to you, then we urge you to contact a professional license defense attorney immediately. You have the right to defend yourself. You have the right to defend your career and the license you worked so hard to earn. Hiring an attorney to help you mount a strong defense serves to protect your license, reputation, financial interests, and your career; it does not make you look guilty.
The attorneys of BERTOLINO LLP understand the unique issues facing licensed professionals. We are prepared to represent you at any legal hearing or proceeding regarding your professional license. We are prepared to defend you through every stage of the complaint process. We will zealously defend your rights and do everything possible to show that your actions were in accordance with the rules and responsibilities of your profession.
Contact us today or call (512) 717-5432 and schedule a case evaluation.
Our law firm helps professionals, like you, keep their licenses when those licenses are under attack by a state agency or board.