If a complaint has been filed against you with a Texas licensing board or regulatory agency, you need to consult with a Texas license defense attorney. When your professional license is in jeopardy due to allegations of misconduct, your career, livelihood, and reputation are at stake.
What to Expect When You Hire a Professional Licensing Defense Attorney
When you hire a professional license defense attorney, you can expect to have an advocate on your side. You do not have to face licensing board allegations of misconduct alone - and you shouldn't. Our Firm believes that immediately consulting an experienced license defense attorney to review allegations of misconduct helps ensure the most favorable outcome in your case.
What to expect from your professional licensing defense attorney:
- Help navigating the complaint process.
- Legal analysis on the merits of the case against you and information on the possible disciplinary actions that the Board may legally take.
- Crafting of a legal strategy to defend against the accusations made against you.
- Representation at all stages of the complaint process: including the initial stages when first responding to the complaint, through negotiations and settlement conferences, and when necessary at the SOAH Hearing.
- A written attorney-client contract and fee agreement, which should clearly lay out the scope of legal services that will be provided and the costs of those services.
When it comes to defending against attacks from a state licensing board, an attorney with a background in license defense and administrative law is likely best equipped to defend you. Further, it is highly advantageous to hire a professional licensing defense attorney who has successful experience with your specific licensing board- as well as its rules and procedures. Every licensing board operates slightly different, and experience matters. Make sure you have a skilled attorney on your side, fighting for your rights.
What to Expect When You Hire BERTOLINO LLP, Professional Licensing Defense Attorneys
BERTOLINO LLP provides aggressive advocacy for professionals who are facing disciplinary action in front of a licensing board, agency, or commission in Texas. We help professionals keep their licenses. We have consistently won significant cases for doctors, nurses, lawyers, architects, pharmacists and other professionals dealing with issues that could jeopardize their ability to work.
What to expect from the professional licensing defense attorneys of BERTOLINO LLP:
- Properly Respond to Allegations:
- We will help you craft your initial responses to the Board's complaint.
- Our firm is known for shutting down frivolous complaints at the earliest available opportunity, sparing our clients unnecessary emotional toll and legal expense, while protecting their licenses.
- We know how to navigate the complaint process against any professional, medical, or vocational license.
- Protect Your Rights:
- You have many rights during an investigation by any licensing board - we will protect your rights.
- You have the right to an attorney during all stages of the investigation, complaint process, and at any legal proceeding.
- BERTOLINO LLP will help you understand, assert, and protect your rights.
- Thorough Investigation of Your Case:
- We carefully research every case, including gathering evidence, questioning witnesses, and pinpointing weaknesses in the complaint against you.
- We know where to look for evidence and how to use that information to build a successful legal strategy. Often, what might seem like a trivial piece of information can be a crucial piece of evidence.
- Mount A Strong Defense:
- We know how to build a strong case to protect your license - and your livelihood.
- With decades of combined experience and knowledge, our attorneys thoroughly understand state and federal laws and how they apply to the specifics of your case. We custom design the best possible defense for you.
- Our results speak for themselves.
“Our law firm helps professionals, like you, keep their licenses when those licenses are under attack by a state agency or board.” -Tony R. Bertolino, Managing Partner
We represent clients throughout Texas in the following types of cases:
If you have received a licensing complaint, BERTOLINO LLP can help. We represent licensed professionals across the entire State of Texas. Our honest, experienced attorneys will fight aggressively on behalf of your license and reputation. Contact us today or call (512) 717-5432 and schedule a case evaluation.
Follow BERTOLINO LLP on Facebook!
View free videos & subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Get a copy of Tony R. Bertolino's #1 Bestselling book When Your License is Under Attack: A Survival Guide for Texas Professionals in hardcover or for Kindle here.