If you are a licensed professional and have received a complaint letter or written notice from your licensing board, we urge you to have the letter reviewed by an experienced license defense attorney. DO NOT respond on your own. You could jeopardize your license.
“He who represents himself has a fool for a client.” --Abraham Lincoln
You may be thinking that you can respond to the complaint yourself, but that is a huge mistake. You are at risk of unwittingly providing information to the board that may be construed as an admission of guilt or otherwise be severely damaging to your case. Before responding to a complaint notice, consult with a license defense attorney. Our Firm believes that immediately consulting an experienced license defense attorney to review allegations of misconduct helps ensure the most favorable outcome in your case.
Initial responses made out of fear and confusion can significantly harm you and your license. Based on our experience with these matters, the most prudent action is to have the complaint or letter of investigation reviewed by a lawyer.
There are many advantages to having a license defense attorney review the allegations against you, even before you give any response to the board:
- Your attorney can assist you in crafting initial responses that fully conveys your side of the events and gives the Board no unfair advantage over you.
- From the very start of the investigation, your attorney can begin to mount a strong defense against the allegations made against you.
- Your attorney can help you understand the board's enforcement process and what to expect moving forward. Together you can review the possible disciplinary actions the board may take against your license.
- Your attorney can ensure that your legal rights are protected.
- Having an attorney represent you from the very beginning helps you avoid costly mistakes and helps ensure you achieve the most favorable outcome possible.
It is not uncommon that complaints are dismissed because of well-crafted initial responses to the allegations. The attorneys at BERTOLINO LLP have shut down complaints with this single move. This is just one reason why it is critical to have a board complaint reviewed by an experienced license defense attorney. Our results speak for themselves.
We Are Prepared to Defend Your License
The attorneys at BERTOLINO LLP provide aggressive advocacy for professionals who are facing disciplinary action in front of a licensing board, agency, or commission in Texas. We help professionals keep their licenses. We pride ourselves in being well-versed in administrative law and we have extensive experience with the many licensing boards in Texas.
We are prepared to represent you at any legal hearing or proceeding regarding your professional license, including:
- Temporary Suspension Hearings
- Informal Settlement Conferences (ISC)
- Show Compliance Proceedings
- Informal Mediations
- State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH) Proceedings
If you have received a licensing complaint, BERTOLINO LLP can help. We represent licensed professionals across the entire State of Texas. Our honest, experienced attorneys will fight aggressively on behalf of your license and reputation. Contact us today or call (800) 210-0126 and schedule a case evaluation.
Follow BERTOLINO LLP on Facebook!
View free videos & subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Get a copy of Tony R. Bertolino's #1 Bestselling book When Your License is Under Attack: A Survival Guide for Texas Professionals in hardcover or for Kindle here.