Attorney Kayleigh K. Smith – Associate
Professional License Defense Lawyer
Kayleigh K. Smith is an Associate Attorney at Bertolino, LLP with extensive experience zealously advocating for clients in a wide variety of matters. Her featured areas of representation include:
Most of Ms. Smith’s work is devoted to complex medical litigation. Prior to working at Bertolino, LLP, she represented clients from all 50 states in complex pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. She is licensed to practice in Texas and the United States Court of Federal Claims.
Ms. Smith received her law degree from The University of Houston Law Center, where she was the managing editor of the Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy and President of the Health Law Organization. During law school, Ms. Smith was an intern at Houston Methodist Hospital and the Texas Medical Board. Prior to law school, Ms. Smith worked as a medical records clerk at Texan Eye in Austin, Texas.
- Physician License Defense
- Physician Assistant License Defense
- Physical Therapist License Defense
- Pharmacist License Defense
- Dental License Defense
- The United States Court of Federal Claims
- The University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- The University of Texas, B.A.
- Order of the Scribes Writing Award 2015
- Ewer-Oren J.D. Health Law Writing Award 2015
- Free to Be Me: Incorporating Transgender Voices into the Development of Prison Policies, 15. HOUS. J. Health L. & POL’Y 233 (2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy (Graduated in 2018)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association