Texas Corporate Law Attorneys
Texas Corporate Lawyers
We are all familiar with the phrase that "everything is bigger in Texas." Dallas Cowboy's owner Jerry Jones will remind you to take one look at the new Cowboys Stadium to be reminded of that fact. This assertion extends to the business dealings that go on within the borders of our state. Due to favorable business laws and an appealing tax code, many large as well as small corporations have chosen Texas as their home base. In fact, Southwest Airlines, Exxon Mobil, Kimberly-Clark, and J.C. Penney are just a few of the major corporations that are headquartered right here in our state.
With multi-million dollar deals being a regular part of daily life for these corporations, experienced and thorough legal counsel is key to making sure that all laws are followed and that corporate shareholders remain happy.
At Bertolino LLP, we have corporate law attorneys who are prepared to assist you with the following:
• Corporate bylaws - These are the standards by which your company operates, and they can affect everything from the most mundane tasks of the everyday routine to determining the protocol that will be used in dealing with clients and competition.
• Mergers and acquisitions - When the ownership of a business changing hands, either resulting in a complete absorption of one company or simply a transition in the way in which a business is managed, each step of the process must be done carefully in the interest of the various owners, as future liability and taxation will be affected.
• Minutes of the board - You must keep detailed and accurate documentation of the discussions and decisions that take place among your board members. This written record is considered a legal obligation and its contents may be used to ensure that you are operating within the guidelines set for corporate law.
• Long-term risk assessment - How will issues like laws passed in the most recent session of the state legislature, national economic trends, and current consumer preferences impact the decisions that you make for your corporation? A corporate law attorney will guide you through the analysis of these factors.
• Shareholder meetings - When you bring your shareholders together to discuss the progress and planning for your company, you want to know that you are sharing all details needed for legal compliance.
Texas is considered to be a leader among all states in the area of business statutes. Business owners are offered a lot of flexibility in how they structure and manage their companies. Along with all of this wonderful professional freedom comes more of a chance that you might overlook a detail that could have profound effects on your shareholders and creditors. Don't take that chance. Allow an experienced corporate law attorney at Bertolino LLP to walk with you through each step of the process and you will know that your reputation and your bottom line are in good hands.
Contact a Texas Corporate Law Attorney at Bertolino LLP
To discuss your concerns with an experienced corporate lawyer, contact our offices today. We have offices in Austin, Houston and San Antonio. To reach an attorney in the Austin office, call 512-717-5432. For the San Antonio office, call 210-247-9907. For the Houston office, call 713-357-2467.